Despite there is a well-organized and professional system of emergency medical care all over Switzerland, a person who suffers a sudden cardiac arrest will only have an acceptable chance to survive, if the gap between collapse and arrival of an ambulance is managed by amateurs providing first aid. This course teaches the most important skills in the case of cardiac arrest.
- Safety first in first aid
- Emergency phone numbers
- course of action according to the "algorithm BLS-AED-SRC"
- recognition and assessment of emergency situations (incl. chain of survival)
- communication and cooperation with lay rescuers and health care professionals
- motivations of care
- skillstraining: primary survey, chest compressions, ventilation and defibrillation by using an AED
- different training scenarios
- call for help and regard safety first in emergeny situations
- provide basic life support skills (BLS) incl. automated external defibrillation (AED) on adult training mannikins
- transfer BLS-skills during scenario training
- reflect the motivations of first aid
The course is useful for everyone
- Individual and group exercises
- Practical training
|Basic / Advanced courses|
To show basic or advanced courses, please use the filters in the course list.
English, whereas this course is also available in German
|Proof of performance|
Certificate of completion
PSI Education Center (building OSGA)
|Number of days / duration in lessons (à 45 minutes each)|
1 half day / 4 lessons / 08.30 – 12.00
|Course leader / moderation|
SIRMED Schweizer Institut für Rettungsmedizin
Guido A. Zäch Strasse 2b
|Number of participants|
Minimum 6 / Maximum 12
This course does not include meals. However, the staff restaurant OASE also provides external visitors with inexpensive and tasty menus.
Product category: Sicherheit
Administration PSI Education Center, Tel. 056 310 24 00, email@example.com
see general terms and conditions