In this week-long training you will acquire the skills and knowledge required to implement and support the radiation protection measures prescribed by a radiation protection expert(s), and handle open radioactive sources.
- Basics of radiation physics and radiobiology
- Awareness of radiation hazards and standard protection measures
- Appropriate handling of sealed and open radioactive sources
- Fundamentals and practical applications of radiation measurement techniques
- Applicable laws, regulations and guidelines
This course covers the skills and competences required for laboratory personnel working in work areas type B and C as outlined in the Radiation Protection Training Ordinance (SR 814.501.261) for the application area I19.
- Laboratory personnel in working areas type B and C (I19)
- Laboratory personnel in nuclear facilities (K5) and
- Veterinary practice assistants working with open radioactive sources (MP17)
- Theoretical inputs
- Individual exercises
- Demonstration of simple physical experiments
- Physics experiments with sealed and open radiation sources
- Self-study for exam
|Basic / Advanced courses|
- K876E "Continuing training in radiological protection for laboratory personnel in working ares types B and C (I19)"
- K420 "Anerkannte Ausbildung zu Strahlenschutz-Sachverständigen für die Arbeitsbereiche B und C (I1)"
English, whereas this course is also available in German
|Requirements for participants|
Motivation and interest in radiation protection
|Proof of performance|
- Certificate of completion
- Certificate (BAG accredited), if the proof of performance has been successfully provided
Villigen, PSI Education Center (building OSGA)
|Number of days / duration in lessons (à 45 minutes each)|
5 days (40 lessons)
|Course leader / moderation|
Maya Keller, Head of Fachangebote, PSI Education Center
|Number of participants|
Minimum 6 / Maximum 16
This course does not include meals. However, the staff restaurant OASE also provides external visitors with inexpensive and tasty menus.
- Calculator and laptop or tablet including power adapter
- Suitable lab clothing: long trousers, closed shoes (a lab coat will be provided)
Safety notice: In the numerous practicals, we will deal with both sealed an open radioactive sources. Please note that pregnant or breastfeeding women are not allowed to attend this course for radiation protection reasons.
The course price includes the examination fee. If a retest is necessary, we charge a retest fee of CHF 150.
Course type: Ausbildung
Product category: Strahlenschutz in Industrie, Gewerbe, Lehre und Forschung
Administration PSI Education Center, Tel. 056 310 24 00, firstname.lastname@example.org
see general terms and conditions