This writing workshop is about text quality and has three targets. (1) Participants learn how to structure sections and paragraphs of research articles, (2) get to know characteristics of clear research articles, and (3) learn how to apply effective techniques for text quality improvement.
- What are characteristics of clear research articles?
- Which techniques help to find the focus of a planned research article?
- How can we use paragraphs as building blocks?
- What are the paragraph structures of introduction, material and methods, results and discussion sections?
- How can we improve sentence structure?
- Which words should we avoid?
- learn how to structure sections and paragraphs of research articles
- get to know characteristics of clear (reader friendly) research article
- practise techniques for improvements of text quality
PhD candidates and researchers planning to publish
We explore and discuss text examples, writing techniques and software tools. Furthermore, every participant works on his or her research article project and develops an outline. Before the workshop, every participant
determines a preliminary title and a tentative conclusion for his or her projected research article.
|Basic / Advanced courses|
To display basic or advanced courses, please use the filters in the course list
|Requirements for participants|
Before the workshop, each participant determines a preliminary title and
a tentative conclusion for his or her projected research article.
|Proof of performance|
Certificate of completion
Villigen, PSI Education Center (building OSGA) or Zoom (course is offered in hybrid form)
|Number of days / duration in lessons (à 45 minutes)|
1 day / 09.00 - 17.00 (8 lessons)
|Course leader / moderation|
Dr. Philipp Mayer
Philipp Mayer received a PhD in the field of biodiversity research and he is a trainer for scientific writing. He has broad experience in research and in adult education.
|Number of participants|
Minimum 6 / Maximum 18
This course does not include meals. However, the staff restaurant OASE also provides external visitors with inexpensive and tasty menus.
Administration PSI Education Center, Tel. 056 310 24 00, email@example.com
see general terms and conditions